GRIMMSPEED FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER KIT - 2015+ WRX
The core is the most important aspect of the intercooler. It’s difficult to design the most efficient core possible; get it right and you have phenomenal results, get it wrong and you end up with an expensive paperweight. Grimmspeed was able to channel over a decade of intercooler production knowledge into creating a totally custom design from the ground up with our tested internal and external specifications to maximize the performance and deliver the best cooling option on the market. The beautiful cast aluminum end tanks were carefully designed alongside the core for the most efficient and optimal flow characteristics for all driving situations. The result of Grimmspeeds hard work is an intercooler designed, welded, and tested right here in Minneapolis, MN by a team of skilled engineers and welders with extremely minimal pressure drop and extraordinary heat rejection. Along with amazing performance, perfect vehicle fitment and mounting are essential. We designed robust steel mounting brackets that will keep the unit from shifting around even during hard track driving. We learned from other manufacturer’s shortcomings and improved upon them. Unlike other kits, the Grimmspeed front mount intercoolers retain a HUGE core, but do not require cutting portions of your bumper cover or light housings, and don’t require replacing or relocating components such as the washer tank or coolant reservoir in order for the piping to fit.
An impressive core like the one we’ve designed means nothing without a complimentary, properly-engineered piping kit. GrimmSpeed kits are comprised of thick aluminum tubing, precisely machine-bent with large radius bends for maximum flow and perfect fitment every time. The pipes are bead rolled at each end to lock together with the included 5-ply silicone couplers so you don’t have to worry about blow-offs under high boost. They are then covered in gorgeous, durable red or black wrinkle powder coat finish that looks incredible and matches your other GrimmSpeed parts!
Optional Bumper Bar:
As with most FMIC kits, the GrimmSpeed Front Mount Intercooler requires the removal of your factory bumper beam in order to fit its massive core. The factory bumper beam aids in chassis rigidity and adds reinforcement to your factory bumper cover. To help keep chassis deflection at bay and to keep any large dents out of your front fascia we’re offering the GrimmSpeed Bumper Bar as an optional add-on. Grimmspeed's bumper bar is constructed of thick mild steel, welded to robust mounting plates that are machined for weight savings. Each bar includes a welded-in tow hook receiver so you can continue to use your GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocation Kit. The entire bumper bar is covered in a durable black powder coat for good looks and longevity!
- Cast Aluminum End Tanks – Designed for equal flow distribution and minimum pressure drop
- Steel Bolt-on Mounting Brackets – Robust mounting solution to minimize movement and maximize adjustability
- Virtually No Permanent Vehicle Modification – Only two tiny ribs need to be removed from the OEM undertray and a few simple cuts to the splash guard
- Compatible With factory or GrimmSpeed Intake – [Removal of snorkel required; GrimmSpeed Intake recommended for maximum performance]
- Pressure Tested – Cleaned, sealed and guaranteed to work prior to delivery
- Available in Raw Aluminum or Satin Black Powdercoat – Uncoated or resilient powdercoat finish to protect against rock chips
- High Quality, Pre-applied GrimmSpeed Vinyl Decal – Show your pride for the BEST front mount intercooler on the market, or easily peel it off.
- No tune required – No change in maximum boost or time to spool
- Welded and Inspected by Hand in Minneapolis, MN - For consistency and top quality control