GIRODISC 2 PEICE FLOATING ROTORS - PAIR - REAR - 08-17 STI
The Girodisc brake system is a direct replacement for the OE disc. No modifications are necessary. The disc will bolt directly to the car and work with OE calipers perfectly. By upgrading your brakes with lightweight high performance replacements as opposed to a big brake kit, your factory bias is maintained as well as your ABS efficiency. The Girodisc rear rotors are approx 11lbs vs. 18lbs for the stock units. This reduction in rotational and unsprung weight allows for quicker acceleration and suspension response.
The central hat section of our rotor is made from strictly U.S. sourced 6061-T6 aircraft specification aluminum. The disc is made from our own proprietary cast iron, poured in the USA and machined from start to finish in house at Girodisc. The rotor utilizes a curved vane design, developed in racing to act as a centrifugal pump to force cooling air through the disc.
The rotor and hat have a floating mount system, which utilizes 8 or 10 high strength alloy steel drive pins, manufactured by Girodisc in the USA to our own specifications and cadmium plated for a long lasting corrosion resistance. These pins take the load from braking actions while maintaining the axial and radial float between the hat and disc. The pins are secured by grade 12 cap screws with hardened washers. In order to keep the rotors from making noise when cold, the pins are mounted with anti-noise spring washers on the rotor side which allow the rotor to grow with heat expansion but eliminate the rattle and noise associated with floating rotors. This float also allows the rotor to self center between the pads.
Once the Girodisc system is in place, simply replace the cast iron rotor when needed.
- Hat Material - Aluminum 6061
- Rotor - Cast Iron - High Carbon Alloy
- Hardware - Steel - Steel / M5 Metric Fasteners / 12.9 Metric Grade Screw Cap
- Rear Discs
- Sold as a Pair
- Weight - 11 lbs each
- Directional Vane
- Floating Rotor (to allow expansion)
- Dual Drilled 5x100 & 5x114.3
- These are ONLY for the 2008-2017 STI w/ Black Brembo Brake System
- Will NOT fit the 2018-2020 Subaru STI & Type-RA w/ Yellow Brembo Brake System.
- Will NOT fit the 2004-2007 Subaru STI w/ 4 piston Brembo Brake System.
- Brake pad modification required due to the design of this rotor. "Minor archinging required"