GRIMMSPEED HOOD STRUTS - '08-14 WRX/STI
- Opens Hood 35% Higher Than OEM – Better access and light for working
- Perfect Hood Balance – Struts are balanced for all aluminum GR chassis hoods
- Eliminates OEM Hood Prop – No risk of hood falling, more access when wrenching
- CNC Laser Cut Brackets – Perfect fit every time
- Premium Quality Struts – Larger strut body for smoother operation, made in the USA!
- Durable Powercoated Finish – Protects brackets from corrosion
- FARO Arm Designed – Allows more precise design and a stronger, better fitting product
We began by mapping the hood and engine bay for a number of test vehicles in 3D CAD. From there, a lifting linkage was designed, analyzed, prototyped and tested. Our in-house 3D printer facilitated a fast, efficient design cycle and we were able to move into production using a CNC laser cutter and CNC bending equipment. What that means for you is a system that will fit and operate correctly, every single time, for years to come. The fender ball studs were also designed specifically for the application, to adapt our high-quality, American Made struts to the metric threads found on your Subaru. What about those struts, you ask? They’re beefy. Custom built to our exacting specifications, these struts feature a large diameter body that provides excellent opening force without sacrificing smoothness and control.
With the use and exposure that a hood strut kit will see on a regular basis, material selection and finishing options are critically important. All brackets are cut from steel and then powercoated with a durable, texture black coating. The threaded ball studs are machined from Stainless Steel to ensure that no potentially corrosive material is being introduced to your vehicles chassis. The next key component is the struts themselves. More specifically, these are referred to as gas springs. Manufactured in the USA, these are of the highest quality and are used by OEMs around the world. These custom valved units (to perfectly match the weight of the aluminum Forester hoods) are paired with clear zinc hardware and a quick-release ball and socket. Last, but certainly not least, is the included hardware. All hardware is grade 8.8 or higher and clear zinc coated for longevity.