GRIMMSPEED FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER KIT - 08-14 WRX
Meticulous Engineering, Unparalleled Craftsmanship
GrimmSpeed Intercoolers have set the gold standard for how a high-performance heat exchanger should be crafted. Our intercoolers have always maintained the delicate balance of low pressure drop and high temperature rejection, which is vital to safety and performance for your turbocharged Subaru engine. In 2020 we rolled out our hugely popular line of Front Mount Intercoolers for the 2015+ WRX/STI and it’s now time to introduce 2008-14 WRX/STI owners to a kit of their own!
Our existing line of GrimmSpeed Top Mount Intercoolers are a fantastic choice for enthusiasts, they can handle what most street cars can throw at them without breaking a sweat. However, we know there are lots of builders, especially with an 08-14 WRX/STI chassis, pushing their engines to the limit and beyond. With that in mind, we wanted to create an intercooler that took the tried and true GrimmSpeed design criteria and methodology and push it to be able to handle ridiculous power levels. The result is a front mount Intercooler kit with the same great fit and finish you can expect from other GrimmSpeed parts that will handle over 800HP and still keep going!
- 27”x11”x4″ Cross Flow Core – Durable Bar and Plate Construction, balanced perfectly between pressure drop and heat rejection
- Cast Aluminum End Tanks – Designed for equal flow distribution and minimum pressure drop
- Steel Bolt-on Mounting Brackets – Robust mounting solution to minimize movement and maximize adjustability
- Minimal Bumper Modification – Included template and install video make it a quick job
- Compatible With factory or GrimmSpeed Intake – [Removal of snorkel required; GrimmSpeed Intake recommended for maximum performance]
- Pressure Tested – Cleaned, sealed, and guaranteed to work prior to delivery
- Available in Raw Aluminum or Satin Black Powdercoat – Uncoated or resilient powdercoat finish to protect against rock chips
- High Quality, Pre-applied GrimmSpeed Vinyl Decal – Show your pride for the BEST front mount intercooler on the market, or easily peel it off.
- No tune required – No change in maximum boost or time to spool
- Welded and Inspected by Hand in Minneapolis, MN – For consistency and top quality control
The core is the most important aspect of the intercooler. It’s difficult to design the most efficient core possible; get it right and you have phenomenal results, get it wrong and you end up with an expensive paperweight. We were able to channel over a decade of intercooler production knowledge into creating a totally custom design from the ground up with our tested internal and external specifications to maximize the performance and deliver the best cooling option on the market. The beautiful cast aluminum end tanks were carefully designed alongside the core for the most efficient and optimal flow characteristics for all driving situations. The result of our hard work is an intercooler designed, welded and tested right here in Minneapolis, MN by a team of skilled Engineers and Welders with extremely minimal pressure drop and extraordinary heat rejection qualities.
Along with amazing performance, perfect vehicle fitment and mounting are essential. We designed robust steel mounting brackets that will keep the unit from shifting around even during hard track driving. We learned from other manufacturer’s shortcomings and improved upon them. Unlike other kits, our front mount intercoolers retain a HUGE core, but require minimal bumper modification and don’t force you to replace or relocate components such as the washer tank or coolant reservoir in order for the piping to fit (08-10 bumper styles will require some fog light modification).
An impressive core like the one we’ve designed means nothing without a complimentary, properly engineered piping kit. GrimmSpeed kits are comprised of thick aluminum tubing, precisely machine-bent with large radius bends for maximum flow and perfect fitment every time. The pipes are bead rolled at each end to lock together with the included 5-ply silicone couplers so you don’t have to worry about blow-offs under high boost. They are then covered in a gorgeous, durable red or black wrinkle powdercoat finish that looks incredible and matches your other GrimmSpeed parts!
- Thick .090” Wall, 2.5” Diameter 6061 Aluminum Piping – Beadrolled and CNC mandrel-bent on a large radius for max flow; lightweight and heat dispersant
- Precision Pipe Routing – Retain factory location for components like washer and overflow tanks
- Retains Factory Fog Light Mounting – Modification required for 2008-10 bumpers
- 5-ply Silicone Couplers – Custom-molded and reinforced to last through demanding environments
- Breeze Hi-Torque Liner Clamps – Stainless steel for lasting looks and grip with an integrated liner to prevent damage to silicone
- Durable Red or Black Wrinkle Powdercoat – Keeps pipes protected against corrosion while looking great. A perfect match to your other GrimmSpeed parts!
- OEM Bypass Valve Location – Eases installation and allows for use of most aftermarket BPVs
BUMPER BAR, sold separately
As with most FMIC kits, the GrimmSpeed Front Mount Intercooler requires the removal of your factory bumper beam in order to fit its massive core. The factory bumper beam aids in chassis rigidity and adds reinforcement to your factory bumper cover. To help keep chassis deflection at bay and to keep any large dents out of your front fascia we’re offering the GrimmSpeed Bumper Bar as an optional add-on. Our bumper bar is constructed of thick mild steel, welded to robust mounting plates that are machined for weight savings. The entire bumper bar is covered in a durable black powdercoat for good looks and longevity!
BUMPER BAR SPECS
- Thick .125” Wall, 1.375” Diameter DOM Mild Steel – Designed and built tough to outlast your vehicle
- Robust .375” Mounting Plates – Thick for strength, skeletoned for weight savings
- Reduces Chassis Deflection – Maintains chassis rigidity vs not running a bumper beam [Bar not intended to be a substitute for the OEM crash protection]
- Integrated Tow Hook – Perfect for the GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocation Kit [Not intended for vehicle recovery]
- Wrinkle Black Coating – Durable powdercoat for a stealthy look
NOTE: Even though this bumper bar is built to last it is NOT intended to be used as a substitute for the OEM crash protection, nor is it intended to be used for vehicle recovery.