Grimmspeed DRY-CON Panel Filter - 2022+ BRZ
Filter design is a delicate balancing act, the overall goal of creating a good air filter is to find the ideal combination of flow, filtration efficiency and holding capacity. There is a difference between simply making a unit that fits in a factory intake box and engineering a performance air filter.
Some air filters are constructed with a cotton or synthetic media combined with an oil to increase filtering ability. This can increase flow, however it also means more difficult filter maintenance because of the need to properly re-oil the filter. We decided to use a dry-construction media, utilizing two different layers of synthetic material with varied filtering and flow abilities, resulting in very similar flow capability to the oiled media, while maintaining the same filtering efficiency as the OEM paper filter.
In order to properly evaluate the performance gains of The GrimmSpeed Dry-Con Air Filters, we did multiple wide open throttle pulls with the OEM air filter, then the same with our unit. We saw a solid 9 ft/lbs of torque difference and a consistent 6 whp gain from 5400rpm until redline with the GrimmSpeed filters.
- Direct OE Replacement – Drops right into the OEM airbox for an easy install
- Oil-Free Element – DRY-CON means more reliability and easier maintenance
- Designed in the Lab, Proven on the Dyno
- Tested +9 TQ and +6 WHP – Safe, reliable power gains
- 62% Better Flow than OEM – More flow/less restriction = more power
- 99.1% Efficiency – Filters at the same level as OEM
- Long Service Life – Up to 20K mile service interval
- Serviceable/Reusable – Simple refresh using popular cleaning kits
- No Tune Required – Simply drop in and enjoy more safe, reliable power!
- 1 Year Warranty – Worry free, heavy-duty construction