IAG Performance / Crest CNC Stage X 2.5L Subaru Billet Aluminum Short Block For WRX, STI, LGT, FXT
IAG / Crest CNC Stage X Billet Aluminum EJ25 Subaru Short Block
The CNC Billet Aluminum EJ case seeks to change the Subaru performance tuning market by reinventing the EJ and addressing virtually every weakness that exists in max-power builds.
Each IAG / Crest CNC Case is machined from 6061-T6 Aerospace Aluminum and features Darton Ductile Iron Sleeves. The block is designed with increased material thickness over the OEM cast aluminum case halves and adds a unique 4-bolt bottom end for additional strength.
The IAG / Crest CNC Stage “X” Block, (Formally Willall) is a complete short block built on the Crest billet platform, which also includes pistons, rods, bearings, crank, bore/hone, case bolts, line hone, and final assembly and blueprinting.
Stage X Billet EJ25 Case Features:
- Machined from solid billet 6061-T6 Aerospace grade aluminum
- Darton Ductile iron sleeves
- Increased material thickness in all known weak points (around head studs, bottom end location)
- Unique 4 bolt bottom end strengthening
- Threads are rolled into the block rather than conventionally cut for much greater strength
- Full cooling system operation
- Radiused coolant and oil galleries for improved flow and less foaming/turbulence
- Fits all factory engine bay ancillaries (i.e. AC/PS/etc.)
- Multiple Times stiffer and stronger than the stock case
- Precision machined for a superior surface finish
- Hard anodized to avoid marking or straining
IAG Stage X Complete Shortblock Includes:
- Case -Crest Billet / Sleeved Case Halves
- Fire-Lock -IAG Fire-Lock receiver groove machining, latest solution to prevent head gasket failure on high horsepower and high boost Subaru's - *IAG Fire-Lock head gaskets required
- Machining -Machined for 14mm Head Studs *(Studs sold separately / Note the proper head gaskets or head gasket modifications are required for proper fitment with 14mm studs.
- Pistons -IAG-Spec JE FSR 99.75mm 2618 Forged Pistons, Electro-nickel Plated Tops & Ring area, Ring Set, .250" / .927" H13 Wrist Pins, Clips, (Perfect Skirt Coating and Offset Wrist Pins)
- Connecting Rods -IAG-Spec +2mm Tri-Beam w/ ARP625+ Rod Bolts
- Rod/Main Bearings -ACL/King Race Bearings
- Crankshaft -IAG Billet Crank by Callies
- Case / Main Bolts -ARP Main Bolts
Additional Options Available:
- Head Studs -IAG / ARP Spec 14mm head studs, nuts, and washers
- Oil Pumps -IAG Stage 2 CNC Ported 11mm EJ Oil Pump or Subaru JDM 12mm Oil Pump
- IAG Oil Pickup - Upgraded oil pickup featuring heavy gauge steel tubing, 2 point bracket & mesh filter
- IAG Oil Baffle - Upgraded oil control baffle and windage tray
- IAG Oil Pickup & Baffle Set - Upgraded oil pickup, oil control baffle, and windage tray
- Hardware / Seal Option -(Includes: Wrist pin plugs, washers, separator cover, bolts, etc. In case you don't want to transfer from the original engine).
- *IAG Fire-Lock .051" Head Gaskets with IAG-Spec Alloy Ring Set* PN# IAG-ENG-1740
- 14mm Head Studs
- 8.5:1 on D Cylinder Heads (EJ255)
- 8.2:1 on B, V and W EJ257 Heads with standard thickness gasket.
The IAG / Crest CNC Stage X Short Block has a power output rating of 1100+BHP.
*All IAG short blocks are balanced and blueprinted.
Oil Pickup / Oil Control Baffle / Windage Tray Options:
The IAG Performance Subaru WRX / STI oil pickup is designed to replace the OEM EJ25 oil pickup, which is prone to failure. It's a well-known fact that the OEM oil pickups often crack and fail which, in most cases, destroys your engine from lack of oil pressure. To avoid the cracking failures seen in the OEM oil pickup tubes, the oil pickup is manufactured from heavy-gauge steel tubing that is 2x thicker than OEM. Additionally, it features a flange machined from 3/8" stainless steel to mate with the block, sealed with a Viton O-ring. The integrated heavy-duty mounting bracket uses two mounting points rather than the OEM single mounting point. Furthermore, the oil pickup features a formed bottom with an OEM style mesh screen for proper filtration. The TIG-welded oil pickup's increased material thickness, matched with the two-point heavy-duty mounting bracket, helps ensure that it does not fatigue and fail over time like an OEM unit.
The IAG Oil Control Baffle and Windage Tray System is designed to limit potential blow-by and prevent oil starvation in your Subaru's WRX / STI EJ engine during high rpm and high g-force driving. Through the use of Viton one-way flapper valves on our baffle and louvers in our windage tray, oil is prevented from reentering the upper crankcase area and is directed down into the oil pan to ensure plentiful supply to the oil pickup. IAG's integrated two-piece Oil Control Baffle and Windage Tray System is designed to work with our own oil pickup, as well as other oil pickups*. The baffle fits neatly in the engine crankcase area, allowing normal installation of the OEM oil pan and popular aftermarket pans*.
Oil Pickup & Baffle Install Notes
- EJ20 Subaru WRX engines require EJ25 oil pans for fitment
- IAG oil pickup spacer (Part# IAG-ENG-2081SP) is required when using IAG oil pickup with Killer B Oil Pan.
- *Does not work with Moroso oil pans or pickups
Hardware / Seal Option:
Not planning on reusing your original short block service plugs and covers? IAG offers a simple comprehensive cover and seal kit that includes (1) Rear main seal, (3) OEM wrist pin plugs, (3) OEM wrist pin plug washers, (1) OEM separator cover, (6) OEM separator cover bolts, (1) OEM wrist pin service cover, (1) OEM wrist pin service cover O-ring and (2) OEM wrist pin service cover screws. *If you are reusing your original wrist pin service plugs and covers always replace the (3) OEM wrist pin plug washers and (1) wrist pin service cover O-ring before installing a short block to avoid potential leaks. *Never reuse a rear main seal on a new short block.
Please review the PDF document below regarding installation, break-in procedures and warranty information.